25 years of Legendary Service - For Less!
01792 477316
Prefer to talk?
01792 477316
Request Assistance
25 years of Legendary Service - For Less!
VRM Swansea. DVLA RNPS:3166
Shirley holding number plate gift

Existing Customer's Area


Thank you for choosing VRM Swansea/ Plates4less. We understand that buying and selling private number plates can be complicated so we have answered many of the frequently asked questions below. If you can't find an answer to your question or would like to contact us for an update on your order, you can do so by filling in the form at the bottom of this page and we will strive to get back to you as soon as possible (usually within 24 hours on weekdays).

If you require urgent assistance please don't hesitate to call us on 01792 477316

E-Transfer Gateway

If you have chosen our Done-for-You service and have received your confirmation letter, you may wish to submit your V5 information via our E-Transfer Gateway.

Please click HERE to enter your details.

General Frequently Asked Questions

I have received my number plates — when can I put them on my vehicle?

Please do not display your new plates until you have received notification of successful completion of the transfer, or if you prefer you can wait until you receive the new V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate (the 'logbook') showing the new registration mark.

I have received my new V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate (the 'logbook') — when will I receive my MOT certificate?

You will not a receive a replacement MOT certificate. Your current MOT certificate will remain valid until the expiry date. Your MOT and road tax records will be updated electronically. Once you have received your new V5C document, you will know that the transfer has been completed and you can affix the new number plates to your vehicle.

How can I change the nominee name on my V750 certificate of entitlement?

If you need to make any changes to the V750, we must apply to the DVLA to process the application on your behalf. They will not accept any applications to make changes to the certificate without our authority.

How to apply to change the 'Nominee' name:

  1. To assign the registration mark to a vehicle which is registered in a different name, please return your certificate to us with the slip attached to your Certificate. We will authorize it for you and post it right back. No payment is required.
  2. If you require a new certificate with a new nominee name, please complete and return the slip attached to your Certificate. A new certificate will be printed and returned to you with the new nominee name upon payment of an administration fee, please call us on 01792 477316 to make this payment.

What happens to my private plate when I sell my car?

When you change your car, you'll probably want to keep your private number plate. To do this, you will need to apply to the DVLA to retain the registration number. To do this, you will need DVLA form V317, which is available to download from the DVLA's website.

You can either apply to transfer the registration mark directly on to another vehicle attracting an £80 DVLA fee, or you can apply to put the registration number onto a Retention Document attracting an £80 fee.

Contact Us

Please select query type...
(maximum 250 characters)